Blood of the Angels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Blood of the Angels

-----To discuss books by Cassandra Clare. . . . or anything else.

Born of Silence

Cricket
    Cricket
    The Quiet. . . The Mighty
    The Quiet. . . The Mighty

Location : is a HUGE mothership currently in geosynchronous orbit above Abu Dhabi

Born of Silence Empty Born of Silence

Post  Cricket Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:35 am

Silence. . . . . . . .
    A moment of silence for Darling Cruel. . . . . . .

He has my utmost respect. Especially in this world of changing political rights and prejudices. Of course, so does Maris, but his is a different story....
    Darling stole my heart. He's Styxx, in my mind. Scarred beyond measure, betrayed by the woman he loves, except he was the youngest of the Sentella, and so was protected and trained as such. Heck, Fain and Dancer would still do anything for him.

This story appeals to me in so many ways. . . . . Not the least of which is that the great Holter Graham read the audiobook, as opposed to Fred Burman. Not that I mind Fred Burman, but he doesn't have the same . . . . pizzazz. . . . . as Holter. The voice is just not the same. It's like the difference between Charlton Heston or James Earl Jones (may God rest their souls in eternal happiness) and the rest of the world. Indefinable, but tangible. Real.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am